Journaling isn’t for everyone. It can be immensely beneficial for some and for others it may not be. For me I journal through my creativity. I create blog posts to express the emotions I keep hidden within, all while hoping I can bring advice or happiness to someone else’s day. However, writing down these emotions, whether happy or upsetting can help people understand themselves better. I also keep a physical journal, and while I don’t write in it everyday, it’s there when needed. Physical journaling helps us reflect, but it also give us something to do. Write absolutely anything. Talk crap about your favourite show or go into detail and examine every bit of its themes. You see those themes because it’s how your mind interprets it. It’s a creative outlet that allows you to explore your brain.
I wanted to share some prompts to help you journal and reflect on your emotions, as well as enable you to be grateful. Sometimes we don’t appreciate what we have.
- How do you deal with change? Is it welcomed? Give an example.
- What is a time in your life that you put your heart into something and no one appreciated it? How did it feel? And what were your next steps?
- What little things bring you joy and make you calm?
- What can you implement in your daily life to give yourself tiny bits of joy?
- Everyone has a story. A moment in life that changed who they were, for better or for worse. What is that moment for you? And what did you learn from this?
- Did you fulfil your previous goals in life? If not, are you okay with not achieving this goal? If yes, was that goal what you expected?
- What show are you watching right now? What makes it appeal to you? Are there any characters you can resonate with?
- Describe the book you’re reading. What characters can you resonate with? What themes are present?
- What stands out to you when you take a walk on your normal route? Why?
- If you find romance, how do you want your relationship to be? How can your partner show you respect?
- What is your definition of a good friendship? How do you ensure you’re a good friend?
- What’s a moment in your life that your pets have been there for you?
- Love video games? List your favourite and the best character in them.
- If you were to write a book or a screenplay, what would you want it to be about?
Some of these may leave you thinking ‘why would I want to write about that?’. Write about anything you want to. Journaling isn’t always supposed to be about your day. Google prompts or choose some of these, it allows you to reflect on life and also shows you where you were at a certain point in your life. I don’t know about you but I find it incredibly satisfying to look back and see who I was, as well as how far I’ve come.
Thank you all for reading! I hope you enjoyed this post.